Brooke and Casey's joint resolutions:
- Eat more awesome foods (maybe try Schwarma?).
- Watch more movies (our Oscar prep this year has been dismal).
- We should probably do better at FHE too.
- Maintain our frankly laudable date-night record.
- Finally, finally finish reading Sarah Vowel's Unfamiliar Fishes together (it's our designated "road trip" book, only we keep forgetting to bring and/or read it when we road trip, meaning our progress has been painfully slow).
- Bake more pies (other than Thanksgiving assistance, I didn't bake any this year)
- Finish Gossip Girl (to get it out of my life, I swear it's an addiction)
- Find a new addiction
- Read at least 20 books
- Graduate and/or win college
- Eat just a little less candy
- Wake up when the first alarm goes off, or even the 2nd, rather than waiting for the 5th
- Eat all the fruit we buy
- Pick an educational organization to join
- Finish more homework ahead of time
- Learn more Spanish history (that country has had issues since before writing was invented)
- Figure out the history of France (it's seriously crazy)
- Play more guitar/bass/piano
- Buy a new ukulele
- Play ukulele
- Write more for this blog, my personal blog, and any other blogs that'll take me
- Find the perfect set of sliders for NCAA Football '13.
- Find my career/education path.
- Finish The Wire.
- Grow as a person.
- Get paid to write something for someone.
- Stop making veiled passive aggressive comments towards certain people, even if they deserve it and know exactly what I'm talking about.
- Try not to link my self-esteem to how many people read the blog posts I've written.
- Make my wife the happiest person in human history.
- Help my wife understand that watching eight hours of college football is a sign of virility and not a character flaw.
- Continue not debating politics with in-laws and family.
- Run at least 2-3 miles per week once it's not so damned cold outside. In the mean time, store calories during the winter months.
- Since somebody's got to, resolve the fiscal cliff situation.
- Learn to read Spanish by April (haha...oh that I were joking)
- Find a dissertation topic I want to work on for the next four years.
- Take the amount of emotional crises that leave me collapsed in a fetal position in that small office across from the graduate student office wondering about the existential futility of everything and lower that down to 3 this year.
- Avoid marathon-ing on yet another show I find on Netflix.
- Write more for the blog.
- Write something funny for the blog.
- Help plan a national academic theatre conference.
- Apply for internship(s) at the National Endowment for the Arts or the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Prepare for, take, and pass my comprehensive exams by the end of the year.
- Find a manic pixie dream girl to remind me that life is worth living.
- Clean my house more regularly.
- Get up to New York sometime this year.
- Enjoy more theatre in the DC area.
- Enjoy more non-theatre attractions in the DC area.
- Develop my wardrobe.
- Maintain participation in a power yoga class.
- Help others find out what they want to do with their lives.
- Find out what I want to do with my life.
- Learn the words to Rusted Root's "Send Me On My Way"
- Exercise more (oh gosh, how cliche is that?)
- Don't just get through my new job, but attack it and subdue it
- Write more; draw more; take more photographs; read more books; attend concerts and plays; basically, enjoy the finer things life can provide
- Write and set down a manifesto of what it is I believe
- There's a phrase in my patriarchal blessing that I really like where it says I'll treat my wife like the queen she is. I would love to make that my main priority
- All of mine are so serious... um... more fart jokes in 2013!
Well, sports fans, that's what the Experts intend to get done in 2013. Have a great year and try to have fun. We certainly will.
Feel free to add your own resolutions in the comments; you probably have better ideas than we do anyway.