Metal aficionados will note that this list as a strong early-aughts bias. Congratulations: you have correctly identified when I attended high school and actively sought out this kind of music! Enjoy.
1. Killswitch Engage - Self Revolution.
Slow down the fast paced world
And you will see past the illusion
2. Hatebreed - Mark My Words
Everything i thought was so definite, I thought was so real was thrown away and will be remembered among unpaling hatred.
3. Nevermore - Final Product
We live in a time of revolution
We swim the silent seas of sanity gone
4. Amon Amarth - Death in Fire
Total war is here
Face it without fear
Age of sword, age of spear
Fight for honor, glory, death in fire!
5. Shadows Fall - Thoughts Without Words
Having awareness but no true sense of self
You find yourself enslaved in chains of earthly wealth
6. In Flames - Man Made God
7. Opeth - Bleak
Break of morning, coldness lingers on
Shroud me into nightmares of the sun
8. Dark Tranquillity - Monochromatic Stains
A sacrifice made to the loss of a mind
Folly, a man's demise
9. 3 Inches of Blood - Deadly Sinners
Crushing the light!
Stalking the night!
Deadly sinners always win!
10. Unearth - Zombie Autopilot
Gone are dreamers who strive to know
All of us are blind
11. Therion - Nifelheim
Err...do you speak Swedish? Either way it's a cool song
12. Soilwork - Like The Average Stalker
Beware of hatred when your time stands still
13. Nightwish - I Wish I Had an Angel
Old loves they die hard
Old lies they die harder